Monkeypox stays a lot within the information, and veterinarians could also be fielding questions from shoppers involved about this zoonotic virus. A brand new AVMA webpage gives solutions.
Out there for anybody to make use of as a useful resource, together with shoppers, the monkeypox webpage pulls collectively the essential info that’s crucial for pet house owners. For instance:
- Individuals can catch monkeypox from animals, however the likelihood of this in the USA is extraordinarily low.
- The prospect of your pet catching monkeypox can also be extraordinarily low.
- Preliminary indicators of monkeypox in animals are just like indicators of different, rather more frequent ailments.
- For those who suspect your pet or one other animal has monkeypox, contact your veterinarian.
Scientific details about monkeypox
The webpage additionally solutions a broad vary of different essential questions on monkeypox, starting from medical indicators and remedy to the virus’ origin and historical past:
- The place does monkeypox come from?
- How is it transmitted?
- What are the indicators of monkeypox?
- What animal species are weak?
- How is monkeypox definitively recognized?
- How is monkeypox handled and managed?
- How can animal-to-human transmission be prevented?
Public well being and zoonotic ailments
Yow will discover the brand new monkeypox webpage with different public well being assets on the AVMA web site. AVMA additionally gives science-based assets on quite a few different zoonotic ailments, together with avian influenza, rabies, and extra.