Monkeypox stays a lot within the information, and veterinarians could also be fielding questions from purchasers involved about this zoonotic virus. A brand new AVMA webpage gives solutions.
Obtainable for anybody to make use of as a useful resource, together with purchasers, the monkeypox webpage pulls collectively the fundamental info that’s crucial for pet homeowners. For instance:
- Folks can catch monkeypox from animals, however the likelihood of this in the USA is extraordinarily low.
- The prospect of your pet catching monkeypox can be extraordinarily low.
- Preliminary indicators of monkeypox in animals are just like indicators of different, far more frequent illnesses.
- When you suspect your pet or one other animal has monkeypox, contact your veterinarian.
Scientific details about monkeypox
The webpage additionally solutions a broad vary of different necessary questions on monkeypox, starting from medical indicators and therapy to the virus’ origin and historical past:
- The place does monkeypox come from?
- How is it transmitted?
- What are the indicators of monkeypox?
- What animal species are susceptible?
- How is monkeypox definitively recognized?
- How is monkeypox handled and managed?
- How can animal-to-human transmission be prevented?
Public well being and zoonotic illnesses
Yow will discover the brand new monkeypox webpage with different public well being assets on the AVMA web site. AVMA additionally gives science-based assets on quite a few different zoonotic illnesses, together with avian influenza, rabies, and extra.