Dwell-In Operations and Shelter Supervisor
FREE housing, full-time Animal Place, 17314 McCourtney Street, Grass Valley, CA 95949 www.animalplace.org
Animal Place is a farmed animal sanctuary for 400 animals together with cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, sheep, goats, donkeys, and rabbits. We prolong compassion to all life with a particular emphasis on farmed animals. Our everlasting 600-acre sanctuary is in Grass Valley, CA and our Rescue & Adoption Middle is in Petaluma, CA.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Oversee the upkeep of buildings, land, and fleet of 10 automobiles. Interface with all contractors. Work carefully with the Animal Care Director in helping with animal care duties.
– Plan, arrange and prioritize every day and weekly duties
– Determine areas needing restore and plan to hold by
– Supervise and handle contractors
– Oversee and assist volunteers supplying upkeep providers comparable to carpentry, portray, and landscaping.
– Preserve all buildings and grounds secure by ensuring they meet constructing code necessities.
– Provide a weekly standing replace on all initiatives to Animal Care Director
– Preserve information of all upkeep repairs
– Put together budgets and work scopes for contracted upkeep actions
– The Operations/Shelter Supervisor is a part of the Animal Care crew, and subsequently, can be spending roughly 50% of their time performing animal care duties starting from feeding and cleansing to medicating the animals.
– Together with the opposite 4 caregivers dwelling on website, the Operations/Shelter Supervisor can be liable for sharing on-call shift duties
– Rent out work associated to the upkeep of buildings (i.e., plumbing, electrical, and so on.)
– Oversee outdoors contractors who mow, trim, weed whack, and different landscaping duties
– Keep NID (Nevada County Irrigation Ditch)
– Help in implementing fireplace prevention protocols
– Preserve fencing, gates and latches maintained
– Preserve property neat and trimmed
– Oversee annual upkeep of fireside extinguishers
– Coordinate repairs of all home equipment situated on Animal Place property
– Coordinate fleet upkeep
– Preserve logs on car service and repairs
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
– Confirmed organizational expertise and good document protecting
– Managerial expertise
– Sturdy observational expertise to acknowledge areas needing consideration
– Capacity to create and work inside a funds for all upkeep associated points
– Work independently and as a part of a crew
– Capacity to elevate 30 kilos
– Capacity to work in quite a lot of outdoors circumstances for prolonged durations of time
– Bodily match to handle frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, and lifting
– Legitimate Driver’s License
– Security aware
– Bodily stamina
– Sustaining plant-based weight loss plan whereas dwelling on sanctuary property
Housing: 2-bedroom duplex on sanctuary grounds, together with utilities; dedication to plant-based weight loss plan on sanctuary property required
Wage: $52,000 to $62,00 relying upon expertise for full-time (40-hours-a-week) place
Paid day off: 2 weeks of trip, 6 holidays, sick time
Medical: Medical insurance with no deductible, out there after 90 days.
403B: After 1-year of employment, Animal Place matches as much as 3% of wage
REPORTS TO: Animal Care Director
HOW TO APPLY: Electronic mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Operations and Shelter Supervisor” in topic line